Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Discretionary Housing Payments

This form can only be used for Discretionary Housing Payments.

To be eligible to apply you must be in receipt of or in the process of claiming Housing Benefit or Universal Credit.

When you complete the form we will need to know details regarding the rent you are charged, your income and expenditure and details about your personal circumstances.

Please ensure that you have the relevant information to hand before you begin, please see the list below for further guidance:

  • Rent details (amount charged, arrears and notice period)
  • Disabilities, health issues or special needs
  • Hire purchases, loans or credit card agreements
  • Car (make, model and age)

We may need you to provide evidence of some of the information you declare, the form will advise you of this when you are completing it.

Discretionary Housing Payments are funded by Central Government on a yearly basis and the money we receive is limited. The amount awarded is entirely at our discretion. Each case will be considered on its own merits.