Village Design Statements
Town/ Village Design Statements (VDS) are prepared by local people in order to provide more detailed guidance on design of new development in their town or villages. When adopted by the Council, a VDS has the status of supplementary planning document (SPD) and may be taken into account as a 'material consideration' when determining planning applications.
East Northamptonshire Council has produced a VDS guidance note to provide general advice about town and village design statements.
In 2013 the Pilton, Stoke Doyle and Wadenhoe Village Design Statement (VDS) was launched by the Parish Council. In February 2016 we adoptedthe VDS as a statutory Supplementary Planning Document.
- North Northamptonshire Sustainable Design SPD
- Northamptonshire Place and Movement Guide
- Developer Contributions SPD
- Supplementary Planning Guidance, Development Briefs and Village Design Statements
- Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Development Briefs
- Village Design Statements (you are here)
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Shop Front Design SPD
- Biodiversity SPD for Northamptonshire
- Domestic Waste Storage and Collection SPD
- Trees and Landscape SPD
- Open Space SPD
- Wind and Solar Energy SPD
- Pilton, Stoke Doyle and Wadenhoe Village Design Statement SPD
- Special Protection Area SPD