You may qualify for the Test and Trace support payments

Have you been instructed by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate because you have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has Covid-19?

More info

Council Tax Support

Backdating your Council Tax Support

If there has been a reason which stopped or delayed you applying for Council Tax Support you can ask for your claim to be 'backdated' so that it starts from an earlier date.

You can only ask for a backdate of discount if there is a reason why you were unable to apply for your discount earlier. If you disagree with the date your claim starts from for any other reason you can appeal against the decision.

In order for a backdate of Council Tax Support to be allowed you will have to show 'good cause' why you did not apply earlier. There is no formal definition of 'good cause'; each case will be decided according to its own individual situation. There are no formal time limits on making a backdate request, but the maximum period that a claim can be backdated is 1 month for customers under 60 years old and 3 months for customers over 60 years old from the date we receive the backdate request.

 For further information please see our leaflet Can my claim backdated?