You may qualify for the Test and Trace support payments

Have you been instructed by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate because you have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has Covid-19?

More info

Council Tax Support

Extended Payments

If your entitlement to Council Tax Support ends because you start work or increase your hours or pay, you may be entitled to an extended payment of benefit for four weeks after your benefit stops. If you qualify, you will receive the same amount of Council Tax Support as you did before you started work or changed hours.

  • You qualify for an extended payment if:
  • You or your partner started work or self employment OR
  • You or your partner increased your hours of work or wages AND 
  • You or your partner have been entitled, continuously, for 26 weeks, Income Support, JSA (income based), Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance AND 
  • You or your partner remain liable for council tax at the same or new address AND 
  • You notify the authority or DWP office within 4 weeks of the day the new job, new hours or new rate of pay begin