You may qualify for the Test and Trace support payments

Have you been instructed by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate because you have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has Covid-19?

More info

Council Tax Support

What is Council Tax Support?

BenefitCouncil Tax Support is a means tested benefit to help pay your council tax. If you live in East Northamptonshire it will be paid by East Northamptonshire Council.

Who can claim Council Tax Support?

You can claim Council Tax Support if you are already claiming other benefits such as Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support or Universal Credit. You may also claim it if you are working but on low income.

To qualify for Council Tax Support, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:

  • be on a low income
  • be the person responsible for paying the council tax
  • make a Council Tax Support claim

Considerations include:

  • the money you and your partner have coming in (earnings, some benefits, tax credits and occupational pensions)
  • your savings and those of your partner
  • your circumstances (age, the ages and size of your family, any disabilities and whether anyone who lives with you could help with your council tax

See if you qualify for Council Tax Support using our calculator.

You will normally not qualify if you have savings or investments of more than £16,000. If you are not sure about whether you qualify it is always worth making a claim.