Requesting a face-to-face appointment
If you require a face-to-face meeting with a member of staff, please call 01832 742000.
Please note that every effort will be made to assist you from the comfort of your home and avoid any unnecessary risk to both yourself and our staff. If we feel that an appointment is needed at one of our sites, you will be assigned a date and time.
The offices currently open for appointments are our offices at Cedar Drive, Thrapston and the Rushden Centre, we are currently not operating an outreach service at Fletton House in Oundle, Irthlingborough Library and Raunds Library.
Please note - you must wear a face covering to visit any of our sites.
Please read the following information carefully:
What we ask of you:
- Do not attend our offices if you are feeling unwell or are displaying any of the symptoms of coronavirus (persistent cough, fever, loss of taste/smell)
- Please observe all signage, floor markings and staff guidance during your visit. Failure to do so may mean that we are unable to serve you.
- If you wish to drop something off, this should be done using our external post box. Larger items can be left on top of the post box in the foyer.
- To allow us to control the number of people on site, our doors remain closed. Upon arrival, please approach the intercom. Staff will then advise you when you are able to enter.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser upon entering the building
- To keep staff and visitors safe, we are currently only able to deal with enquiries at our main counter. Should you have concerns with standing for a period of time, please let us know ahead of your visit and we will be able to discuss what alternatives may be available.
- Please bring with you any documentation required for your visit and a pen in case you need to complete any paperwork.
- If you have any concerns or queries with our process, please contact us in advance of your visit.
What you can expect of us and our new process:
- All payments are currently being taken via our online/telephone systems. We are unable to use the chip and PIN machines at the counter. Therefore, all payments will need to be made from home.
- Attendance to Cedar Drive, Thrapston and the Rushden Centre is by appointment only. This ensures that we can control the number of people on site. Please do not arrive before your allotted appointment time as you may not be able to be seen.
- To control the number of visitors on site and to maintain social distancing, appointment attendance is limited to a maximum of 2 people – including children – from the same household or household bubble. When booking an appointment, we will ask for the number of guests.
- A large number of our staff are still working off-site in line with Government guidance, therefore it may not be possible to have an appointment with a preferred/usual staff member.
- To keep our staff and visitors safe, we have installed glass screens at our reception counter.
- Please take note that currently we are retaining a record of all visitor names for and contact details in the event that they may be required for contact tracing purposes. Should you have any concerns or queries regarding this, please contact us. Please read our Customer Appointments privacy notice for information on how we treat your personal data.
Protect your loved ones. Download the app
As part of the NHS's Test and Trace scheme, we have created our unique QR code which is now on display at our Cedar Drive, Thrapston and The Rushden Centre sites.
The new NHS COVID-19 app, now available to download for free in England and Wales, is the fastest way to see if you're at risk from coronavirus.
The app has a number of tools to protect you, including contact tracing, local area alerts and venue check-in.