Are you single and looking to mingle? Sorted a date for this weekend?
Well East Northamptonshire Council, working in partnership with Northamptonshire Police and National Pubwatch have set up a scheme to keep you safer on your first date.
If your date isn’t all that they seemed, for example they look nothing like their profile picture, acting strangely or they simply make you feel uncomfortable, go to the bar and ‘Ask for Angela’. The member of staff will see this as a sign that something isn’t right and you need help. This could simply be to keep an eye on you or even take you to safe room and call a taxi.
The scheme has been taken up by the following businesses in the district:
- Higham Ferrers - The Queen’s Head, Joe’s Bar, The Carriage House, The Griffin, The Green Dragon
- Rushden - The Rose and Crown, Cheers, The Welcome Inn, Rushden Bowls Club
- Stanwick - Stanwick Club
- Raunds - The World Upside Down, Raunds Town Cricket Club, Snooks, The George and Dragon, The Red Lion, The Globe
- Thrapston - The King’s Arms, The Court House
- Islip - The Woolpack Inn
- Oundle - Onkar, The Ship, Brewbabu, The Talbot Hotel, The George Inn
Cllr Steven North, Leader of East Northamptonshire Council says:
“This is a great scheme to help keep our residents safer when they are enjoying a night out in East Northamptonshire. To see so many businesses already take part, it shows that the district is a great place to live, work and have fun. I encourage more pubs and clubs to join us.”
So if you’re on a date and don’t feel safe, go to the bar and ‘Ask for Angela’.