The next election is on Thursday, 5 May
The election of a Northamptonshire Police and Crime Commissioner takes place on Thursday, 5 May 2016.
You have until 18 April to register to vote in this election. If you are not on the electoral register, you will not be able to vote in elections and referendums.
Any British, Commonwealth, Irish or European Union citizen should be included on the register of electors and be able to vote. This includes:
- Anyone who normally lives at an address
- Long-term residents, guests or lodgers, including merchant seamen who live there when they are not at sea
- All people aged 16 and 17
- Anyone who will be working away from home for less than six months
- Overseas electors
It takes just five minutes to register online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote You can use this website to apply to register to vote or to:
- update your name, address or other details on the electoral register
- change your voting preferences, e.g. to vote in person or by post
- change whether you’re on the open register
You may need the following, if you have them:
- your National Insurance number
- your passport if you’re a British citizen living abroad
You can also register now for the EU Referendum on Thursday, 23 June 2016.
If you are already on the electoral register, you do not need to re-register.
If you would prefer to vote by post than in person at a polling station, please complete our online form by 19 April.
For more information about the Office of Northamptonshire Police and Crime Commissioner, visit www.northantspcc.org.uk
Oundle Town Council
Residents living in Oundle will also be able to vote in the town council election held on Thursday, 5 May. The same voter registration rules apply so please ensure that if you live in Oundle and want to vote in the town council election that you are registered to vote by 18 April.
This election will be managed by East Northamptonshire Council so please visit our elections page for details of polling stations and what to do if you need a postal or proxy vote. This page will be updated over the next few weeks with details of candidates standing in the election.
If you have any questions about the register, please contact our Electoral Services team by email email@example.com or phone 01832 742119.