East Northamptonshire Council is consulting the public on an essential planning document which provides more detailed guidance on the design of future new development in Cotterstock village.
The Cotterstock Village Design Statement Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) was approved for Public Consultation by East Northamptonshire’s Planning Policy Committee on 8 June 2020
After carrying out a Village Design Survey (VDS), the VDS was drafted by a working group comprising members of the Cotterstock Parish Meeting and was presented to East Northamptonshire Council in September 2019. The Survey, which forms Appendix 1 of the document, led to a range of guidelines being developed, to cover:
- Buildings and design
- Highways and street furniture
Informed by the Village Design Survey, the VDS aims to:
- Set out a distinctive local vision for Cotterstock village for the period up to 2031
- Ensure that future development within the parish acknowledges the existing landscape character and settlement pattern and that planning applications have taken these into account
- Protect the unique character and appearance of the Conservation Area
- Protect important views, landscape character, open spaces, mature trees, natural landscaping features, wildlife and natural environments.
The current draft of this document Cotterstock Village Design Statement - Supplementary Planning Document will be subject to a period of Public Consultation between Friday 26 June and Monday 10 August, 2020. Residents can have their say on the document here.
Once the Public Consultation has been assessed, the Council will update the document. This version will be presented to the next available Planning Policy Committee for their approval, with a view to adopting the document as a Supplementary Planning Document, to form part of the Local Development Plan Document for use in the determination of Planning Applications and in giving general planning advice.