If you are planning a kiss under the mistletoe this Christmas,
East Northamptonshire Council, working in partnership with Northamptonshire Police and National Pubwatch have a scheme to help keep you safer on dates.
If you find yourself on a date with someone who isn’t as they seemed online, for example they look nothing like their profile picture or their behaviour is unusual and making you feel uncomfortable, simply go to the bar and ‘Ask for Angela’.
By asking for Angela, you will alert staff members and they will immediately know that something isn’t right and you need assistance, whether it be keeping an eye on you throughout the evening or even taking you to a safer room and calling a taxi.
Across the district, staff at pubs and clubs have been trained on the ‘Ask for Angela’ scheme and the following businesses across East Northamptonshire currently take part:
- Higham Ferrers - The Queen’s Head, Joe’s Bar, The Carriage House, The Griffin, The Green Dragon
- Rushden - The Rose and Crown, Cheers, The Welcome Inn, Rushden Bowls Club
- Stanwick - Stanwick Club
- Raunds - Raunds Town Cricket Club, Snooks, The George and Dragon, The Red Lion, The Globe
- Thrapston - The King’s Arms, The Court House
- Islip - The Woolpack Inn
- Oundle - Onkar, The Ship, Brewbabu, The Talbot Hotel, The George Inn
A Council spokesperson said: “We are very proud to continue to work in partnership with Northamptonshire Police and National Pubwatch to ensure all our residents are kept safe. However in order for this scheme to be even more successful we would always encourage more pubs and clubs to take part, especially as we approach the festive period.”
If you are on a date and don’t feel safe, at any time - go to the bar and ‘Ask for Angela’.