Replacement District wide Local Plan Part 2
On 11 April 2016, the Council decided to start afresh, with the preparation of a new District-wide Local Plan Part 2. This will replace remaining policies from the 2011 Rural North, Oundle and Thrapston Plan (RNOTP) and 1996 East Northamptonshire District Local Plan (DLP), where such policies have not been, or are being, replaced by an equivalent policy in a Neighbourhood Plan.
Updated list of representations (7 March 2019)
An updated version on the representations can be viewed below. For clarity and a better understanding, the "User guide and Key" document should be used when viewing the representations.
Representations presented to the Planning Policy Committee (18 February 2019)
The consultation has now closed. Thank you for your comments.
Representations received during the draft Local Plan Part 2 consultation (2 November 2018 – 17 December 2018 inclusive, and subsequent consultation extension to 18 Februaury 2019) can be view through the link below.
Detailed responses to the representations will be reported to the upcoming Planning Policy Committees on:
- 11 March 2019
- 1 April 2019
- 29 April 2019
Draft Local Plan Part 2
The Local Development Scheme for the Local Plan Part 2 was agreed by the Planning Policy Committee on 30 July 2018 (Item 5). This sets out the key milestones for the Plan.
The Plan draft was published for consultation for a period a 6 weeks on 2 November 2018.
Consultation documents are as follows:
Draft Local Plan Part 2- extension of consultation
In recognition of the representations received through the recent consultation undertaken on the East Northamptonshire draft Local Plan Part 2, in respect of the proposed residential site allocations at Oundle, the consultation on this part of the Local Plan only has been extended until 09.00 on Monday 18th February 2019.
The purpose of the extension of time is to allow additional time for those who wish to submit additional evidence in respect of the site selection process and the evidence relating to sustainability appraisal report which addresses the Strategic housing site options for Oundle.
Making a representation
For the extended consultation period as advertised above, representations should be e-mailed to the following inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparation of the Local Plan Part 2 requires us to gather some personal information, so that we can keep you informed at later stages of the Plan preparation process. We will use your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the 2018 Data Protection Act. Further information is available through the following links:
- East Northamptonshire Council Privacy Statement
- Local Plan Privacy Statement
- Data Protection Officer
Oundle Site Assessments
The proposed housing allocations at Oundle are necessary to meet the outstanding requirements for the town as set out in the Local Plan Part 1 (North Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy 2011-2031, Policy 29/ Table 5). The site selection process requires the following:
- Assessing different options to delivery (ie concentration, dispersal of sites) Site by site assessment work.
AECOM has been appointed to undertake a Sustainability Appraisal for the Local Plan Part 2. This includes an assessment of the merits of alternative approaches as well as assessing the impact of individual sites: AECOM Housing Strategy for Oundle.
AECOMs sustainability appraisal sits alongside the Council’s assessment of housing proposals submitted for Oundle: Oundle Site Assessments
Oundle Consultation Event
On the 6 December 2018 East Northamptonshire Council hosted an exhibition event out Oundle Town Council to discuss the Local Plan Part 2. Please see our FAQ sheet from the event for more information.
Member and Town/ Parish Council workshop, May 2017 - April 2018
The Regulation 18 consultation was followed by a series of workshops, for Members and representatives of Town and Parish Councils. These took place, as follows:
- May – October 2017 – Topic/ theme based Member workshops; reported to Planning Policy Committee, 27 November 2017 (Item 8)
- November 2017 – January 2018 – Area focused (town centre/ urban area and rural area) Member workshops; reported to Planning Policy Committee, 19 February 2018 (Item 8)
- February – April 2018 – Town and Parish Council Workshops; reported to Planning Policy Committee, 23 April 2018 (Item 9)
Summary feedback from these workshops (key issues and themes) was reported to the respective Planning Policy Committee meetings. This, together with the Regulation 18 feedback, has inform the development of policies and proposals for the draft Plan.
Preparation of the Local Plan Part 2 is an iterative process. It is critical to maintain a clear evidence trail at all stages of the plan-making process, in order to demonstrate the evolution of the vision, outcomes, policies and proposals.
Regulation 18 consultation
The initial stage in preparing the Plan involves consultation with a range of key consultees and stakeholders, in order to assess its scope (the range of themes and topics to be covered).
The process for Plan preparation, including the Local Plan Part 2, is set out in the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012. Consultation under Regulation 18 represents the first (statutory) stage in the process of preparing the Local Plan Part 2. This specifically represents the “scoping” stage of the Plan process, where the Council is asking key stakeholders what the Plan ought to contain.
The Regulation 18 consultation took place over 6-weeks. Comments were sought with regard to the following:
- Regulation 18 consultation document – Provides background information regarding the emerging Local Plan Part 2, culminating in a series of questions for respondents, to inform representations.
- “Call for sites” document – The online site submission form provides a continuous mechanism for landowners, developers or other third parties to put forward potential site specific proposals for possible inclusion within the Local Plan and/ or Neighbourhood Plans. The “Call for sites” document sets out what we already know about potential site specific proposals (e.g. locaion, landowner), while allowing further new site specific proposals to be promoted at an early stage in the Local Plan Part 2 process. A map of sites that are already known about is available at the above link.
It should be noted that, with the exception of existing development plan allocations listed in Table 1 of the “Call for sites” document, the identification of a site in no way implies support by the Council for it to be released for development.
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report – Sustainability Appraisal is undertaken in parallel with the Local Plan Part 2 preparation process, under the 2004 Environmental Assessment Regulations 11 and 12. These regulations incorporate the requirements of the European Union Strategic Environmental Assessment Directive. The Scoping Report is the first stage in the Sustainability Appraisal process; later consultations for the draft Sustainability Appraisal report will be undertaken at each stage in parallel with further consultations for the Local Plan Part 2 itself.
- Habitat Regulations Assessment Screening – Preparation of the Local Plan Part 2 must be undertaken in accordance with the 2010 Habitat Regulations 102 and 103. The Habitat Regulation require an “appropriate assessment” to be undertaken; working with Natural England and the Wildlife Trust to assess the implications of the Local Plan policies or proposals for the Upper Nene Valley Gravel Pits Special Protection Area (SPA)/ Ramsar site situated along the Nene Valley between Irthlingborough/ Wellingborough and Thorpe Waterville within the District.
The consultation was undertaken in accordance with the requirements of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012, as set out in the Statutory Regulation 18 Notice
This ran from Friday 27 January until Monday 13 March 2017 inclusive. Feedback from the Regulation 18 consultation was reported to the Planning Policy Comittee on 3 April 2017 (Agenda Item 5)
National Planning Policy
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) update was adopted by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 24 June 2018. Further information about this and other national policies and guidance are available through the link below.
District wide Local Plan Part 2 - Evidence Base
A number of documents and strategies are being prepared or have already been completed which form the evidene base for informing the Local Plan text and policies. The evidence base is set in the relevant topic areas below:
- Local Plan - The Policies
- North Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit
- Core Spatial Strategy
- National Policies, Communities and Local Government Information
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Replacement District wide Local Plan Part 2 (you are here)
- The Adopted Development Plan - Index of Policies
- Self Build and Custom Build Register
- Open Space and Playing Pitch Strategy
- Local Development Scheme