What is Freedom of Information?
The Freedom of Information Act gives you the right to request official information held by public authorities, unless there are good reasons to keep it confidential.
It aims to make public sector bodies more open and accountable. It also helps people to understand better how public authorities carry out their duties, why they make the decisions they do and how they spend public money.
Read our FOI Policy
We can only supply information regarding East Northamptonshire Council and its services - to find out if we are able to deal with your Freedom of Information request, please visit our page to see 'Which council does what?'
- If it is Northamptonshire County Council (NCC) who should deal with your request, click onto the link provided and search 'FOI'. This will take you to NCC's Freedom of Information page.
- If your request should be dealt with by a Town and Parish Council, please click on the link provided to see if you can send your Freedom of Information request by email or by post.
- If you would like to submit a request for information to East Northamptonshire council, please see the box on the right for full contact details. (Send an e-mail to email@example.com)
Guidance from the Information Commissioner's Office
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) is the UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
Please follow this link to view their website.
- Freedom of Information (you are here)
- Your rights under the Act
- Our responsibilities under the Freedom of Information Act