What to do if you have lost your dog
If you lose a dog in East Northamptonshire please call 01832 742000 to report it. We will record the details of the dog and check if it looks like one that we have collected or a stray that has been reported to us. Alternatively you could complete the report lost/found dogs form with as much information as you can . If later on you get your dog back please contact us so we can update our records.
What to do if the council has collected your dog
When we collect a dog it is taken to Forest Lodge Kennels, Forest Road, Quinton, Northampton, NN7 2EQ. Telephone: 01604 862239
Please contact the kennels to arrange the collection of your dog. You will have to pay a straying fine along with a kennelling charge for every day (or part day) they have the dog. For further information on these charges please visit our fee and charges page.
Out of hours
If you have lost a dog outside of office hours please call 01832 733530.
Depending on where you have lost your dog it may be worth calling some of our neighbouring councils in case one of them has collected your dog. This map shows the boundary of East Northamptonshire and nearby council areas (PDF 3.39MB).
We only collect dogs that have been found in East Northamptonshire. If you lose or find a dog outside East Northamptonshire please contact the appropriate council. Links to nearby and neighbouring council websites and their telephone numbers are listed below:
- Bedford Borough Council 01234 267422
- Corby Borough Council 01536 402551
- Daventry District Council 01327 871100
- Huntingdonshire District Council 01480 388388
- Kettering Borough Council 01536 410333
- Northampton Borough Council 0300 3307000
- Peterborough City Council 01733 747474
- Rutland County Council 01572 722577
- South Northamptonshire Council 01327 322322
- Borough Council of Wellingborough 01933 229777
- What to do if you have lost your dog (you are here)
- What to do if you find a dog