The Dog Warden Service covers these key areas:
- Public Spaces Protection Orders - fouling, dogs on leads and exclusion orders
- straying - lost dogs and unattended dogs
- dog identification - collar/tag and microchips
The Police deal with:
- dangerous dogs
- banned breeds
- dog attacks on people
The RSPCA deal with:
- welfare concerns such as cruelty and neglect
Environmental Protection at East Northamptonshire Council deal with:
- complaints about barking dogs
Issues such as a neighbour's dog coming into your garden; a problem with dog fouling in your property or a dog attack on another dog are usually private, civil matters which the dog warden has no powers to resolve. However, advice may be given to help reach a resolution.
The Kennel Club's information guide - do you know dog law? on their website summarises the various Acts of legislation that cover dog law.