Street Naming - Proposal and consultation for the naming of streets
- It is for the developer to propose a name for their development.
- It is for the Council to formally adopt the name(s), following consultation with interested parties including Royal Mail, the local Town or Parish Council and the local Elected Members.
Consultees have the opportunity to consider the proposed name(s) to ensure that they are not offensive, misleading or likely to cause confusion, objections on any other grounds may not be sufficient to prevent the name(s) being formally adopted.
- Policy and Procedures for Street Naming and Numbering
- Street Naming - Proposal and consultation for the naming of streets (you are here)
- Street Naming - A step by step guide
- Street Naming - Good practice when selecting a name
- Street Naming - Good practice when selecting a street suffix
- Street Naming - Service charges
- Street Naming - Provision of street nameplates(s)
- Street Naming - Specification for street nameplates
- Street Naming - Erection of street nameplates
- Street Naming - Legislation
- Street Numbering - Unregistered address
- Street Numbering - Developing a single property / small development
- Street Numbering - Developing a large estate
- Street Numbering - Changing a property name
- Street Numbering - Adding a name to your property
- Street Numbering - Postcodes
- Street Numbering - Legislation