Street Numbering - Postcodes
East Northamptonshire Council is only responsible for the designation of property numbers and street names. The responsibility of the issue and amendment of postcodes is the duty of Royal Mail.
If East Northamptonshire Council have numbered a property, we will receive notification of the allocated Post Code from Royal Mail after at least 5 working days. This information will then be passed back to Street Numbering Applicant by East Northamptonshire Council via e-mail.
For any further postcode queries for an address after this time, contact Royal Mail; Telephone 08456 04 50 60 or Visit www.royalmail.com.
- Policy and Procedures for Street Naming and Numbering
- Street Naming - Proposal and consultation for the naming of streets
- Street Naming - A step by step guide
- Street Naming - Good practice when selecting a name
- Street Naming - Good practice when selecting a street suffix
- Street Naming - Service charges
- Street Naming - Provision of street nameplates(s)
- Street Naming - Specification for street nameplates
- Street Naming - Erection of street nameplates
- Street Naming - Legislation
- Street Numbering - Unregistered address
- Street Numbering - Developing a single property / small development
- Street Numbering - Developing a large estate
- Street Numbering - Changing a property name
- Street Numbering - Adding a name to your property
- Street Numbering - Postcodes (you are here)
- Street Numbering - Legislation