Street Numbering - Developing a single property / small development
If you are a developer of a new property (single or small development), you will have to contact us as soon as your development commences on site.
Applications for Street Numbering should be submitted in writing to the Property Systems Officer at East Northamptonshire Council. This can be done via our online form. Or by e-mailing email@example.com.
We will require details of the Planning Application Reference Number where applicable and an up to date site plan showing the position of the properties within the development and development boundary along with any relevant Plot Numbers.
A single or small development will usually be named or numbered to the existing street. If the development is within a numbered road where there is no gap in the numbering, then often an alphabetised suffix will be used along with the adjoining number, i.e. 12A, 12B, 12C.
If the street currently only contains named properties, then the new properties will also be named rather than numbered. If necessary, the properties will be numbered initially using the allocated plot number and the standard process of changing a property name will be implemented once the new owners have chosen their preferred name.
- Policy and Procedures for Street Naming and Numbering
- Street Naming - Proposal and consultation for the naming of streets
- Street Naming - A step by step guide
- Street Naming - Good practice when selecting a name
- Street Naming - Good practice when selecting a street suffix
- Street Naming - Service charges
- Street Naming - Provision of street nameplates(s)
- Street Naming - Specification for street nameplates
- Street Naming - Erection of street nameplates
- Street Naming - Legislation
- Street Numbering - Unregistered address
- Street Numbering - Developing a single property / small development (you are here)
- Street Numbering - Developing a large estate
- Street Numbering - Changing a property name
- Street Numbering - Adding a name to your property
- Street Numbering - Postcodes
- Street Numbering - Legislation