Re-use Public Sector Information
The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 allows people to apply re-use information held by various public sector bodies, including East Northamptonshire Council.
What do we mean by re-use?
'Re-use' means using the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the document was originally produced. This could include a commercial purpose. The new directive does not provide access to the information itself. That is available through the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or other access to information regimes such as the Environmental Information Regulations.
Scope of the Regulations
The Regulations cover information produced, held or disseminated by a public sector body within a public sector body's Public Task
Some public sector body information is excluded under the Regulations. Fo example:
- Information for which the copyright is held by a third-party (e.g. Ordnance Survey Maps used within 'In My Area').
- Information that falls outside the scope of the public task of the public sector body.
- Parts of documents containing only logos, crests or insignia.
- Information that contains personal data that must be protected (Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR).
- Information exempt from disclosure under information access legislation such as the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Permission to re-use:
East Northamptonshire Council ('the council') grants permission to re-use the material available through this website or otherwise supplied by the council with a statement that it may be re-used ('the Material'), on the following terms and conditions:
- You must reproduce the Material accurately. In cases where you want to reproduce Material that has been superseded you should make it clear that a more up to date version is available;
- You must identify the source of the Material and feature the following copyright statement if you publish the Material:
- You must not use the Material for the principal purpose of advertising or promoting a particular product or service, or in a way which could imply endorsement by the council or generally in a manner which is likely to mislead others;
- You must not reproduce our logos;
- You must send us, if we ask for it, a complimentary copy and/or subscription of any product or publication that you produce that includes the Material. The council shall notify you of the address to which it should be sent;
- You must ensure that you comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- You must not use the Material in ways which are knowingly or potentially libelous or slanderous of individuals, companies or organisations;
- You must not use the Material for unlawful or illegal purposes.
Your use of the Material under this licence is entirely at your own risk. The council makes no warranty, representation or guarantee that the Material is error free.
For further information, or if in any doubt about the eligibility of information for re-use, please email firstname.lastname@example.org