Re-use Public Sector Information
The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 allows people to apply to re-use information held by various public sector bodies, including East Northamptonshire Council.
'Re-use' means: using the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the document was originally produced. This could include a commercial purpose.
These regulations do not provide access to the information itself. To access information which is not already in the public domain you must use the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or other access to information regimes such as the Environmental Information Regulations.
You can read, quote or make reference to the information provided via the council's website or through information requests. However if you wish to copy, publish or re-use it for any purpose including commercial purposes, you must contact us to obtain our permission under the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations (further details on what's covered and how to do this are below). If you copy, publish or re-use it without permission you are breaching copyright.
The Regulations cover information produced, held or disseminated by a public sector body within a public sector body's Public Task
Some public sector body information is excluded under the Regulations. For example:
- Information for which the copyright is held by a third-party (e.g. Ordnance Survey Maps used within 'In My Area')
- Information that falls outside the scope of the public task of the public sector body (it is possible that the council will hold some information that is not part of its public task - if so, this would not be covered)
- Parts of documents containing only logos, crests or insignia
- Information that contains personal data that must be protected (Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR)
- Information exempt from disclosure under information access legislation such as the Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations
Should you wish to reuse any of this information, please be aware that In line with The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 requests need to
- be in writing (by email to FOI@east-northamptonshire.gov.uk, or post to Corporate Support Team, East Northamptonshire Council, Cedar Drive, Thrapston, NN14 4LZ);
- state the name of the applicant and an address for correspondence;
- specify the document requested; and
- state the purpose for which the document is to be re-used
We will then make a decision as to whether or not reuse of any of the information is permitted. We aim to notify you of our decision within 20 working days in line with the statutory guidance, however this timeframe can be extended in certain circumstances.
Once permission is granted: it may be re-used on the following terms and conditions:
- You must reproduce the Material accurately. In cases where you want to reproduce Material that has been superseded you should make it clear that a more up to date version is available;
- You must identify the source of the Material and feature the following copyright statement if you publish the Material:
- You must not use the Material for the principal purpose of advertising or promoting a particular product or service, or in a way which could imply endorsement by the council or generally in a manner which is likely to mislead others;
- You must not reproduce our logos;
- You must send us, if we ask for it, a complimentary copy and/or subscription of any product or publication that you produce that includes the Material. The council shall notify you of the address to which it should be sent;
- You must ensure that you comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- You must not use the Material in ways which are knowingly or potentially libelous or slanderous of individuals, companies or organisations;
- You must not use the Material for unlawful or illegal purposes.
Your use of the Material under this licence is entirely at your own risk. The council makes no warranty, representation or guarantee that the Material is error free.
For further information, or if in any doubt about the eligibility of information for re-use, please email FOI@east-northamptonshire.gov.uk
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your personal data safe when you use our services. Please read our privacy notice which tells you how we use any personal information that you provide to us inline with this service and who we may need to share it with and why.