This Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Level 2 Food Safety Course is designed for anyone working with food. It is a nationally recognised qualification and is essential if you work with or around food. The course is interesting, delivered in an interactive way and also provides networking opportunities with other businesses.
The course will cover:
- bacteriology - a simple understanding of bacteriology, including common germs and fungi that cause disease
- personal hygiene
- principles of good working practice
- understanding the problems of cross contamination
- control of vermin and pests
- food hygiene legislation - this will highlight the EU Directives and their implications for food handlers
Please note at present there are no new training dates set.
The fee for the day is only £72 and includes a course handbook, examination registration, refreshments, a buffet lunch, certificate and a nationally recognised qualification. Cancellations made within 10 days of the date of the course will be charged the full fee; substitutes will be accepted.
Venue & time:
East Northamptonshire Council Offices, Cedar Drive, Thrapston, NN14 4LZ. There is free car parking available.
Courses will start promptly at 9.10am and finish around 5.00 pm.
The Council reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course without liability in which case all monies will be refunded.
If you are interested in attending the course please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01832 742263.
On the day:
Photographic identification is required, before you take the examination, such as:
Student union card
- Work pass
- Age 'prove it' card for 18 to 21 year olds
Candidates who do not bring suitable identification with them on the day will not be permitted to sit the examination.