Cookie Consent by Safeguarding and early help information | Safeguarding Adults at Risk and Children and Young People in East Northamptonshire | North Northamptonshire Council - East Northamptonshire Area

Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Safeguarding Adults at Risk and Children and Young People in East Northamptonshire

Safeguarding and early help information

Safeguarding adults and children and young people is every one’s responsibility and for services to be effective each professional and organisation should play their full part, as set out in Section 42 of the Care Act 2014 and Section 11 of the Children Act 2004 respectively.

We recognise that the services we provide can bring our employees, elected members and other representatives into both regular and ad hoc contact with adults at risk and children and young people. As such, they are all in a position to observe outward signs of abuse.

Whilst we’re not an investigative or intervention agency for adult and child safeguarding, through our Safeguarding Adults policy and Safeguarding Children and Young People policy we will report cases of abuse or suspected abuse to Northamptonshire County Council (NCC) Adult Social Services and Children's Services.

We are also working in partnership with NCC to support their Early Help offer by being able to undertake an Early Help Assessment (EHA) to identify support to those families with children in East Northamptonshire that have a variety of different needs such as housing, financial, health and education. This is detailed further in our Children and Families Early Help strategy. If you feel an EHA would be beneficial for your family then please contact the Community Partnerships team.

For more information on safeguarding children visit the Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children's Partnership (NSCP) website and for more information on safeguarding adults visit the Northamptonshire Safeguarding Adult's Board (NSAB) webpage.

If you need to send us information about a safeguarding concern, you can contact us in the following ways: if your organisation s part of the GCSX network.

Alternatively, if you do not have access to the GCSX network, please send an email to and we will send you a data request link for you to send the safeguarding data to. Please do not include personal data in the email request.