Central Licensing Administration Unit
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This Privacy notice relates to client records relating to licensing applications or service request.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) (ENC), which hosts the Central Licensing Administration Unit on behalf of the Northants Licensing Partnership of Corby Borough Council, East Northamptonshire Council, Kettering Borough Council, and the Borough Council of Wellingborough (the councils),collects your personal information to deal with your application or licensing query and manage it obligations under statute.
The personal information we collect will include your name, address and contact information, your bank account or credit/debit card details (where you have provided them to pay for a service) and other relevant information to help us process your licence application or request.
We may also require special category information for some types of licence application, for example, medical and health records from health providers or information of a sensitive nature from other government agencies.
We are required by law to carry out checks including:
- whether you are fit and proper to hold a licence;
- verification of your identity and right ot work status; and
- checking for for convictions
We are also required by law to keep records relating to license applications and to produce licenses accurately.
The council has a statutory responsibility to provide licensing services.
Please see our Licensing Policies, which detail the legislation we operate under.
The partner council in the area to which your application, licence or query relates may also use this information for enforcement purposes under the appropriate licensing legislation..
We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need. In some cases you can refuse to provide information but you should note this may impact on our ability to provide services to you.
- Failure to provide an applicant name will mean we are unable to process the application.
- Anonymous comments (no name and address) may mean they cannot be taken into consideration and we will be unable to keep you informed.
- Anonymous complaints (no name and address) relating to alleged breaches of licensable activities will not be investigated.
How we keep your information safe.
Who do we share your data with?
We will share your personal information internally and where appropriate with our partner councils to process your application or query and where necessary for enforcement purposes.
We are also obliged by law to share your information with responsible authorities and consultees under the various licensing regimes.
We may also contact any third parties who you have told us have an interest in your application for verification purposes.
In some circumstances personal information may be provided to a licensing committee to allow decisions to be made. Personal information may be shared as part of a public hearing unless it is not in the public interest to do so in which case the matter will be considered in a private hearing. For further information please see the relevant Licensing Policy.
All payments made to the council are made using a third party secure system. The council does not have access to or store your card details.
Licence or application information that is required by statute to be made available to the general public will be published on the partnership's Licensing Public Register.
No other parties have access to your personal information unless the law expressly allows them to:
We are required by law to share relevant data subject to the Air Quality (Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles Database) (England and Wales) Regulations 2019 with Defra so that Defra can create a database to provide functions, either directly or through their agents, to support the operation of charging clean air zones by local authorities or other air quality plans. Further information may be found at Defra’s website or you can contact the Defra data protection officer at: Data Protection Manager for core-Defra, Defra Information Rights Team, Area 1E, Nobel House,17 Smith Square, London SW1P 3JR,Email: email@example.com
Relevant applications will be checked against the National Register of Refusals and Revocations (NR3). If a search of NR3 indicates a match, the authority will seek further information about the entry on the register from the authority which recorded it. Any information received as a result of an NR3 search will only be used in respect of the specific license application and will not be retained beyond the determination of that application. Further information about NR3 use if data is available in our National Taxi Database (NR3) Privacy Notice.
How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your information for six years after receipt of a service request or expiry or surrender of a licence.
Any criminal convictions or medical data will be returned to you or securely destroyed once the license has been determined.
When we no longer need to hold your personal information it will be securely destroyed.
Your Data Rights and Our Privacy Statement
Further information regarding how our partner councils use personal data can be found on their webpages:
Changes to this privacy notice
We will review this privacy notice to ensure it remains relevant. The current versions of our privacy notices will always be on our website. Please check this page regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit (you are here)
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments