National Taxi Database (NR3)
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This Privacy notice relates to client records relating to National Taxi database.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) collects your personal information to deal with your application and assess whether or not you are a ‘fit and proper’ person.
All applicants will have their details checked against the register and any relevant information will be taken into account in assessing the application. Where an application is refused, or where a licence is granted but subsequently revoked, this information will be entered onto the register. The information that will be recorded on NR3 will be limitted to the following:
- date of birth
- address and contact details
- national insurance number
- driving licence number
- decision taken
- date of decision
- date decision effective
We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need. For further information please see our Policy for the Use of the National Taxi Database.
How we keep your information safe.
The council takes data security seriously. The information you provide will be held securely as part of your account in our customer relationship management system. Data will only be handled by appropriate staff that are trained in the use of NR3 system and the policy and procedures.
Who do we share your data with?
NR3 is hosted by the National Anti-Fraud Network (NAFN) so access to the register is only available to members of the NAFN. East Northamptonshire Council was required to sign up to data sharing and processing agreements and a relevant officer designated as a single point of contact as part of the registration process.
East Northamptonshire Council may share your data if we receive a request from another Local Authority. We may also request information from another Local Authority if a match is identified on NR3. Any data sharing will be in accordance with our policy for the Use of the National Taxi Database which is Appendix J of the Taxi Policy at the link above.
No other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
How long do we keep your data?
Information is retained on NR3 for 25 years.
East Northamptonshire Council will retain your data in accordance with Apppendix J of the Taxi Policy.
Where information is received from another Local Authority the data will be retained for no more than 35 days from the date of the service of the written notifiation of the determination of the application.
Records of searches, records of requests from other Local Authorities and records of decisions after disclosures from other Local Authorities will be retained for 25 years and will not be combined with any other records.
Your Data Rights and Our Privacy Statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3) (you are here)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments