Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This Privacy notice relates to client records relating to Houses in Multiple Occupation applications.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council, Kettering Borough Council and Corby Borough Council (the councils) collects your personal information from this form to process your application. We may also use this information for enforcement purposes under the Housing Act 2004.
We will not collect any personal information from you that we do not need.
How we keep your information safe.
The Councils takes data security seriously. The information you provide will be held in our dedicated secure databases and is only accessed by authorised staff.
Who do we share your information with?
We need to share your personal information internally and where appropriate with our partner councils to process your application.
We are also obliged by law to share your information with Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service and Northamptonshire Police, and any other local authority you have referenced in your application.
We may also contact any third parties who you have told us have an interest in the property for verification purposes, and where appropriate, for investigation under any housing legislation.
No other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
Your name, address and the licensed address will be placed on the public register which will appear on the register for the duration of your licence, as is required by law.
How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your personal information for the licensed period (5 years) and for a period of 7 years from the end of your licence under the Housing Act 2004. When we no longer need to hold your personal information it will be securely destroyed.
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application (you are here)
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice