Northants Warm Homes Partnership
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This Privacy notice relates to client records relating to Northants Warm Homes Partnership.
Your personal information – what we need and why?
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) collects personal information from you such as name, address, email, telephone number and any other relevant information supplied to us by you or from third parties e.g. landlords and Energy Company Obligation (ECO) agents and installers. We will no collect any personal information from you (or third parties providing your data) that we do not need. We do not collect or hold any special categories data for this processing.
It is necessary to collect and hold this information so we can deliver services or get in touch. The lawful basis we rely on may vary depending on the service you require. The Local Government Acts and the Localism Act 2011 are the main statutes that provide the council its authority, but there are many more. As a local authority in many cases we have a legal duty to carry out many of our functions or we are obliged to carry out tasks in the public interest. This means it is not always necessary to obtain your consent or permission.
It is necessary to use your personal information for the Northants Warm Homes Partnership for the purpose of promoting well-being. This is a power granted to the Council by the Local Government Act Part 1, Section 2 and forms part of our public task.
How we keep your information safe.
The council takes data security seriously. The information you provide will be held securely in our file management system. Access is only provided to authorised staff.
Where the organisation engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions. They are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data and that they meet the requirements of the current data protection legislation.
Similarly where we provide information to other organisations to support you, they do so in line with strict data sharing protocols to keep your information safe.
Who do we share your data with?
Your personal information will be treated as confidential but it may be shared with other Council services in order to ensure our records are accurate and up-to-date, to verify the information you provide (for example with the Council Tax Team) and to improve the standard of the services we deliver. We will only use your information in ways which are permitted by law.
It may be necessary to share your personal information with external agencies such as ECO agents and installers like Care and Repair Northamptonshire and Northamptonshire Energy Advice Service in order to deal with your applicable. However, no other third parties will have access to your information, unless the law allows them to do so.
This authority has a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and may use information held about you for all lawful purposes, including but not limited to the prevention and detection of crime including fraud and money laundering.
The Council may also use your information for the purpose of performing any of its statutory enforcement duties. It will make any disclosures required by law and may also share your information with other bodies responsible for detecting/preventing crime, including fraud or auditing/administering public funds.
There may also be information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by our website. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and any errors generated associated with the connection. This information is used by the Council for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the East Northamptonshire Council Web site.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your information for as long as it is required by us or other regulatory bodies in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or for other operational reasons. In most cases this will be a minimum of six years.
Your data rights and our privacy Statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments
- Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils
- Northants Warm Homes Partnership (you are here)
- Test and Trace Support Payments
- Tourism Competition Notice