Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. The organisation collects and processes personal data relating to our customers, partners and staff. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
From 1 April 2021, North Northamptonshire Unitary Council (North) and West Northamptonshire Unitary Council (West) will succeed the current county, district and borough councils in Northamptonshire. Responsibility for providing many of the services currently delivered by the authorities being succeeded will transfer to the new unitary councils.
This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you in relation to the transfer of personal data to North/West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils.
Who do we share your data with?
During the period of getting ready for the two new councils, North and West, we must share your personal information to make sure we continue to provide the services you need from 1 April 2021 without interruption. We want the transition to be as smooth as possible; to do this relevant personal information will be transferring to the North Council and the West Council from the existing local authorities in Northamptonshire (Corby Borough Council, Daventry District Council, East Northamptonshire Council, Kettering Borough Council, Northampton Borough council, The Borough Council of Wellingborough and Northamptonshire County Council).
What allows us to process your data?
We are permitted to do this by law, so we do not need your consent. The law that allows us to do this is (Northamptonshire Structural Changes) Order 2019.
We must look after and protect your information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA). We meet the reasons or conditions under the GDPR/DPA for sharing personal information because it is necessary to implement the reorganisation of the councils in Northamptonshire, in line with the structural changes Order and it is in the substantial public interest to make sure services continue to be delivered to you from 1st April 2021.
Your Personal information – what we share and why?
The information that we share about you will depend on the services that you are receiving or have received from the councils. It may be basic contact information (such as name and address, telephone details), characteristics information (such as gender, age), but it could also include service delivery specific information (such as housing history, application details, social care/health and behavioural details, benefits assessments, licences, permits and permissions, financial details). We will only share the information we need to provide your services and the information transferred to North Northamptonshire Council and/or West Northamptonshire Council will continue to be used for the same purposes as it is now.
Your rights and how to contact the Data Protection Officer
As a data subject, the law gives you a number of rights to control what personal information is used by us and how we can use it. Please refer to the organisations' main privacy statement regarding keeping you in control.
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments
- Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils (you are here)