Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This privacy notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This privacy notice relates to contact with our chief executive’s office.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council’s chief executive’s office collects your personal information to deal with your enquiry or to allow us to ensure the that the council is providing services effectively. It is necessary to hold this information so we can deliver services and monitor service provision to help us improve where we need to.
The personal information we collect includes your name, address, email address, telephone number and any other information you provide to us.
We may also receive your information from another organistaion/body, for example an MP’s office referring you to us for services or for use to carry out our statutory duties.
We will not collect any personal data from you (or third parties providing your data) that we do not need.
What allows us to process your data?
The legal basis we rely on may vary depending on the service request you require. Processing may be necessary in accordance with regulations that apply under the Local Government Act. In some circumstances we may rely on your consent or our legitimate interest to process your information, for example in instances where we deal with MP’s letters or respond to general enquiries submitted to us. In theses circumstances you will have the choice on whether or not to provide your personal information and you have a right to withdraw your consent or object at any point.
How we keep your information safe.
The council takes data security seriously. The information you provide will be held securely in our file management system. Access is only provided to authorised staff.
Who do we share your data with?
We will share your personal information internally with the relevant service area. We will only share information with other organisations where it is necessary such as the Local Government Ombudsman, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under Data Protection legislation. We will always keep your personal information safe.
Please see the Corporate Support Privacy Notice for the privacy notice regarding customer feedback and complaints. For more information on how we use your personal information in relation to specific services please see our Service Specific Privacy Notices.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. All information will be held in line with our records retention policy and will be securely destroyed when it is no longer required.
Your rights and how to conatct the Data Protection Officer
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice (you are here)
- Customer Appointments
- Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils
- Northants Warm Homes Partnership
- Test and Trace Support Payments
- Tourism Competition Notice