Corporate Support Privacy Notice
Corporate Support: Freedom of information, Environmental Information Regulation, Consultations and surveys, customer feedback and complaints, Community right to bid.
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This privacy notice relates to contact with our Corporate Support team.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) collects your personal information to deal with your enquiry/allow us to provide the service you have asked for which may include:
- Making a Freedom of Information request
- Making an enquiry under the Environmental Information Regulation
- Responding/participating in consultations and surveys conducted by the council
- Community right to bid nominations, reviews and consultations
- Submission of customer feedback and complaints
The information we may collect and process may include your name, email address, address, telephone number, IP address (online surveys only) and any other relevant information you provide to us.
We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need.
What allows us to process your data?
The legal basis we rely on may vary depending on the service you require. Processing your personal data is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Environmental Information Regulations 2004, Localism Act 2011 and Assets of Community Value Regulations 2012. In some circumstances we may rely on our legitimate interest. In these circumstances you will have the choice whether or not to provide your personal information and you have a right to object at any point.
Please see our Customer feedback and Complaints Policy on our website for more detail regarding the handling of complaints.
How we keep your information safe.
The council takes data security seriously. The information you provide will be held securely in our file management system. Access is only provided to authorised staff.
Where the organisation engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions. They are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data and that they meet the requirements of the current data protection legislation.
Similarly where we provide information to other organisations to support you, they do so in line with strict data sharing protocols to keep your information safe.
Who do we share your data with?
We need to share your personal information internally with other teams to enable use to deal with your enquiry.
No other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
FOI & EIR
We need to share your personal information internally with any team/department which may hold data that relates to your request. We will not share your data outside of the council unless you have requested data held by our contractors or partners.
Community Right to bid
Legally we have a duty to maintain a list of assets of community value. Our list is made available on the council’s website.
Consultation and notification of nominations is a requirement of legislation this is a process of informing relevant parties such as ward councillors, owners and/or the occupier of the proposed asset that a nomination has been submitted. We will only share details of the land or buildings of community value and supporting evidence. We will not share any contact information.
We may need to share information with our legal providers for the purpose of advice and for the registration of charge on the land charges register.
We need to share your personal information and details of your complaint internally in accordance with the council’s complaints policy.
How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your personal information for the minimum period necessary. All information will be securely destroyed when it is no longer required and in accordance with the council’s retention schedules.
Your rights and how to contact the Data Protection Officer
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice (you are here)
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments