Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This privacy notice relates to the following functions undertaken by the Community Partnerships Team:
- General community safety enquiries.
- Complaints about anti-social behaviour and the management of cases on the E-Cins case management database.
- Incidents and case management for domestic violence and domestic abuse including the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC).
- Safeguarding of children, adults and vulnerable people including matters relating to cuckooing, exploitation and serious organised crime.
- Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews (DHR).
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) collects your personal information to deal with your request and/or deliver our statutory functions. We may also collect your information in order to provide advice and guidance. It is necessary to hold this information so we can log, monitor and update you about a service we are providing to you.
The personal information we collect includes:
- Name and address
- Contact details (email/telephone number)
- Date of birth
- Household details
- Details of complaint, including in some cases, the name and details of perpetrator, location and any witnesses
- Medical information if necessary to the individual enquiry or case
- Other information supplied by you in the course of us handling your case.
We may also receive your information from other organisations referring you to us for services or for us to carry out our functions. All complaints are taken under a duty of confidence.
We will not collect any personal data from you (or third parties providing your data) that we do not need.
What allows us to process your data?
The council carries out its community safety functions under legislation and powers we have under that legislation. We operate under the following legislation and this makes it necessary for us to collect personal data from you:
- Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014
- Care Act 2014
- Children Act 2004
- Crime and Disorder Act 1998
- Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004
Where we collect special categories data from you, such as health information it will be processed as necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, as set out in schedule 1, part 2 (paras 10, 11 and 18) of the Data Protection Act 2018.
How we keep your information safe.
The council takes data security seriously. The information you provide will be held securely in our case management systems. Access is only provided to authorised staff.
Who do we share your data with?
We will only share information with other organisations where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under Data Protection legislation.
For example we may share information with: Northants Police and other police forces across the UK; Northants Fire and Rescue Service; neighbouring local authorities; the Coroner’s Office; Environment Agency; HMRC, Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority; Immigration Service; Probation Services; Clinical Commissioning Groups (NHS); NHS Trusts; Home Office; Registered Providers of Social Housing; Northamptonshire County Council; and Trading Standards.
We do not share your information with the subject of your complaint without your consent and only when it is crucial to the case. If you agree to provide a statement or attend court, it is likely that your information and/or identity will be made available to the subject of the complaint, unless your anonymity can be agreed as part of the legal process, though this is only in exceptional circumstances.
Where we do not directly provide the service, we may need to pass your personal information onto the organisation that does. We will only pass your details on to meet your request and will either inform you we have done this or ask the receiving organisation to let you know how they got your data.
Where we share your data with contractors or partners we ensure that they are clear on what they can use your data for (the services we work with them to provide or that they provide rather than us). Any sharing needs to be authorised by us or you and will only be authorised by us if it’s necessary. We ensure they have appropriate systems in place to keep your data safe and secure while they are using it and that they know what to do with the data when they don’t need it anymore.
No other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy statement will be kept after all action on your case has finished and the period required by the Council for legal or audit purposes has passed and in any event in line with our Information Retention Schedule. All information will be held securely and will be securely destroyed when it is no longer required.
Your Data Rights and Our Privacy Statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews (you are here)
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments
- Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils
- Northants Warm Homes Partnership
- Test and Trace Support Payments
- Tourism Competition Notice