Customer Services Privacy Notice
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This Privacy notice relates to contact with our customer services team.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) collects and stores your personal information to enabale us to:
- Respond to any service requests, feedback or complaints
- Allow access to our services and carry out transactions
- Provide you with information regading our services
- Signpost you to the relevant organisation if we are unable to assist you directly
You can contact our customers services team via a number of channels including telephone, email, face-to-face (at one of our customer contact centres) or online forms.
The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, telephone number and any other relevant information you provide to us.
We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need.
What allows us to process your data?
The legal basis we rely on may vary depending on the service request you require. As a local authority we have a legal duty to carry out many of our functions such as council tax or we are obliged to carry our tasks in the public interest. Some services such as garden waste require you to enter into a contract with us.
There may also be instances where we rely on your consent or our legitimate interest to process your information. In these circumstances you will have the choice whether or not to provide your personal information and you have a right withdraw your consent or object at any point.
For more information on how we use your personal information in relation to specific services please see our Service Specific Privacy Notices.
How we keep your information safe.
The council takes data security seriously. The information you provide will be held securely as part of your account in our customer relationship management(CRM) system. It is necessary to hold this information to allow us to deliver the services you request, monitor service provision and improve where we need to.
Who do we share your data with?
We will share your personal information internally with the relevant service area. If the service request requires, details will be shared with our waste contractors to deal with your enquiry and our payment processor. Information shared will be the minimal amount, required to carry out the service request.
We will always keep your personal information safe and no other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. All information will be held securely and will be securely destroyed when it is no longer required.
Your Data Rights and Our Privacy Statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice (you are here)
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments