Land Charges Privacy Notice
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This Privacy notice explains what information the council needs in order to process access to CON29 property information enquiries and the Land Charge Register.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) collects your personal information to deliver our statutory functions.
We have a statutory duty under the Land Charges Act 1975 and the Land Charges Rules 1977 to maintain and provide access to the Land Charge Register and CON29 information. In order to provide this service, it is necessary for the council to collect, store and process personal data relating to requests for property information.
The personal information we collect includes your name, address, email address, telephone number and signatures (where provided). We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need.
How is the information collected?
The information is provided by you in the requisite forms, by email or telephone, if requested, in accordance with the statutory requirement to provide you this service.
Who does the council share your data with?
We will share your personal information internally with any other department and only with external third parties that hold information in order to answer your enquiry. No other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
How we keep your information safe
The Council takes your data security seriously. The information you provide will be held securely in our property data management system or held in secure storage.
How long does the council keep your data?
The data may be stored in various ways and this will affect the length of time the council keeps your data.
If the data is held for the purpose of access to CON29 information on the document management system, the council will keep any personal information (name, address, contact details,) requested and any voluntary information you have provided, indefinitely.
If the data is held for the purpose of access to CON29 information on paper files, this will be retained for a period of 7 years.
If the data is held for the purpose of creating a registration in the Land Charge Register, this will be held indefinitely as part of our obligation to maintain a land charge register. If authorization from the originating authority is received to remove it from the register, the data will be securely destroyed.
The Data Protection Officer and the Council’s Privacy Statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice (you are here)
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments
- Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils
- Northants Warm Homes Partnership
- Test and Trace Support Payments