The Data Protection Officer
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) collects your personal information to deal with your enquiry/allow us to provide the service you have asked for. It is necessary to hold this information so we can deliver services and monitor service provision to help us improve where we need to.
The Data Protection Team are obliged by law to process your subject rights requests or breach reports/complaints about how we use your data under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The types of data we may collect and process are your name, address, email address, telephone number and one or more forms of identification along with the details of your request.
We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need.
How we keep your information safe.
The council takes data security seriously. The information you provide in relation to your data subjects rights request or breach will be held securely as in our relevant system and is only accessed by trained members of the team.
Who do we share your data with?
We need to share your personal information internally with any department who may hold data that relates to you and your request. We will not share your data outside of the council unless you have also requested data from our contractors or partners, in which case we will do this with your consent.
No other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your personal information (name, address, contact details and response data) for 2 years from the last point you contact us, unless your request has been escalated via our corporate complaints process or been provided to the Information Commissioners Office to investigate. In these circumstances the relevant retention period can be found in our retention schedules. After the appropriate timescale, your data will be securely destroyed.
Your Data Rights and Our Privacy Statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer (you are here)
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments
- Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils