Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council’s Monitoring Officer is employed by Kettering Borough Council as part of a shared service arrangement. In accordance with the Localism Act 2011/Local Government Act 2000/Local Government and Housing Act 1989 the following information is collected by the Monitoring Officer/Deputy monitoring officer at East Northamptonshire Council
- Town/ Parish Council Name
- Land/ Address
- Details of pecuniary and non pecuniary interest
- Other interests relating to investigations
This information is used to populate the Register of Interests for all Councillors within the East Northamptonshire District. Under the Localism Act Councillors are required to declare any interests within 28 days of taking office and to declare any changes as they arise.
Once completed and submitted to the Monitoring Officer, the information contained will be reviewed and added to the on-line Register of Interests available via the East Northamptonshire Council web-site. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need.
This information has to be made publicly available and may also be used to deal with allegations of Breaches of the Code of Conduct by Elected Members in East Northamptonshire Council and Town and Parish Council Members across the District, in the capacity as Monitoring Officer. Information relating to individuals name, address, and other personal details obtained during investigations.
All other investigations carried out by the Monitoring Officer are in accordance with the duties under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989,other legislation or council policies.
How we keep your information safe
The Council takes data security seriously. The information you provide will be stored securely in our data management system and is only accessed by authorised staff.
Who will the data be shared with?
As the Monitoring Officer is a shared resource with Kettering Borough Council, data collected in relation to the functions of East Northamptonshire Council’s Monitoring Officer may be held in Kettering Borough Council systems. East Northamptonshire Council have ensured that Kettering Borough Council meet the requirements of the data protection legislation.
In complaints cases data may be shared with the relevant members of a political groups, town/parish council (where the complaint relates to a town or parish councillor), senior council officers and any external agents deemed necessary if required.
No other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
How long will we keep your data
Councillor Register of interest data and complaints relating to individual councillors are kept for 4 years throughout your service as a Councillor, or for as long as the complaint runs beyond that point, in accordance with legal requirement and Council retention policy. For information relating to the council’s policy on retaining complaints data please see the retention policy.
Your Data Rights and Our Privacy Statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests (you are here)
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments
- Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils