Finance Privacy Notice
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
Your personal information – what we need and why
The Finance Department at East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) will only collect the minimum amount of personal information from you in order to deal with your enquiry. The information you provide may be held as part of our accounting system. It is necessary to hold this information to allow us to deliver the services you request, monitor service provision and improve where we need to. However for VAT & tax purposes we adhere to HMRC policy.
Who does the council share your data with?
We will share your personal information internally with any other department in order to gather information to deal with your enquiry. We will always keep your personal information safe and no other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
How long does the council keep your data?
The council will keep your personal information (name, address, contact details) for only as long as the query is outstanding, after which time it will be securely destroyed.
For accounting purposes East Northamptonshire Council will hold information in line with HMRC policy.
HMRC retention policy states:
The default standard retention period for HMRC records is 6 years plus current, otherwise known as 6 years + 1. This is defined as 6 years after the last entry in a record followed by first review or destruction to be carried out in the additional current (+ 1) accounting year.
Records must only be retained beyond the default HMRC retention period if their retention can be justified for statutory, regulatory, legal or security reasons or for their historic value.
Your data rights and our privacy statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice (you are here)
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments