Councillors Privacy Notice
Your personal information – what I need and why
When you ask for my help or assistance, as your elected councillor for (ward name), I will usually need to collect your name, address and contact information together with details of the problem or concern, to help me respond to your request/query. I will only ask you for the absolute minimum personal data I need to do this.
What allows me to collect your personal information?
To collect and use your personal information, it is necessary for me, as your Councillor, to have a lawful basis for processing. The main bases that cover my work with your personal information are:
- A task in the public interest or where, because of my role as a Councillor, I am authorised to use your personal information.
- Consent when you provide your information and ask me to act on your behalf.
For any special category data you provide to me as your councillor, such as your medical information, I will mainly rely on your express consent (provided in writing) to use this data.
How I keep your information safe.
The security of your data is really important to me. Any information you provide will be held securely and only shared where it is necessary to help deal with your request.
Who will I share your information with?
Where your information needs to be shared with another party, I will inform you of my intentions to share, unless there is a legal reason no to do so. I will only share the absolute minimum data necessary and I will ensure it is shared securely.
Examples of people/organisations I may need to share with are:
- Officers at East Northamptonshire Council/Northamptonshire County Council.
- Other relevant agencies and bodies, such as other local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts and support organisations.
How long do I keep your data
I will only keep your personal data for as long as I need it to fulfil my obligations, and to comply with any legal requirements for keeping certain types of data.
Where information is shared with an Officer of the Council, the Council’s retention schedule will apply. For more information about your privacy and how your information will be used if shared with the council, please see the council’s privacy notice.
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice (you are here)
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments
- Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils
- Northants Warm Homes Partnership
- Test and Trace Support Payments
- Tourism Competition Notice