East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This Privacy notice relates to customer information collected in the course of the Local Plan or Neighbourhood Plan consultations.
Your personal information - what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) is collecting your personal information as part of the consultation for the Local Plan / Neighbourhood Plan. When the council prepares a local plan/neighbourhood plan we are required to consult with the public and other organisations. Our obligations to consult are set out in legislation (Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012) and the Statement of Community Involvement (December 2013) for the local plan and the The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 for neighbourhood plans.
The council will ask for your name, (and the name of any organisation you are representing) your email or postal address and a telephone number (this is optional) which will be used during the consultation as a record of people who have responded. It also may be used to keep in touch with you about future stages of this local plan/neighbourhood plan if you give consent for us to do so.
We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need
How we keep your information safe
The council take your data security seriously. The information you provide will be held securely as within our Planning Policy database, which is maintained within the council's dedicated secure database.
Who will your data be shared with?
Your data may be shared internally to support the consultation work for the Local Plan or Neighbourhood Plan. Your data will not be shared with any other party unless the law expressly allows us to do so.
How long do we keep your data?
The council will keep your personal information (name, address, contact details) until the adoption of the Local Plan / until the neighbourhood plan is accepted as ‘made’, and the expiry date for any possible judicial review. After adoption of the local plan / neighbourhood plan is accepted as ‘made’ and the expiry of the judicial review period (6-weeks from adoption/accepted as ‘made’) it will be securely destroyed.
We will not use your personal data for any purposes of marketing or customer profiling.
Your data rights and our Privacy Statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans (you are here)
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments
- Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils