Filming and Photography
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This Privacy notice relates to filming and photography consent for appearance in East Northamptonshire Council promotional material.
Your personal information – what we need and why.
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) collects your/ your child’s personal data in this form and in any photography and videos from this event for use in internal and external promotional material. We rely on your consent to do so. Consent must be obtained from a parent or guardian where the child is under 16. We may also collect your name and contact details. Your details are used for the purposes of maintaining a record of consent and to contact you. Your/your child’s name may be referenced alongside the image; however we will never publish your email, postal address or telephone number.
How we keep your information safe.
The council takes data security seriously. Photos and videos will be held securely as part of our file management system which will only be accessible by authorised users.
Who will the data be shared with?
The council uses a contracted photographer; we ensure that they are clear on what they can use your data for. Your images/ images of your child will be collected by them. We ensure they have appropriate systems in place to keep your data safe and secure while they are processing it and that they know what to do with the data when they do not need it anymore.
The council will publish or otherwise transmit photos and videos in internal and external materials including the following:
- The council’s website, intranet and partner websites
- The council’s Social media channels and digital communications
- Printed publications
- Presentations and exhibition materials
- For issue to news media including newspapers and their websites and social media sites.
We would like to share your personal information with Freedom Leisure, our Leisure Services Contractor for promotional reasons. For more information on how Freedom Leisure would like to use your information please visit: https://www.freedom-leisure.co.uk/privacy/
How long do we keep your data?
The council will keep your personal information for 2 years after which point it will be securely destroyed. For details on how Freedom Leisure will handle your data please visit: https://www.freedom-leisure.co.uk/privacy/
The data protection officer and the council’s privacy statement
I have read and understand the conditions of use and give permission for my personal information to be used for the following:
Please mark X for permission
For my photograph(s)/video(s) to be taken by East Northamptonshire Council
Use of my image(s)/my child’s image in printed publications or digital publications produced by us or by external companies on our behalf
Use of my image(s)/my child’s image on the Council’s websites and partner websites
Use of my image(s)/my child’s image on social media pages and feeds managed by East Northamptonshire Council. (Please note: Once a photo or film footage has been uploaded to social media such as Facebook and Twitter, we do not have control over the storage or use of the content.)
Use of my image(s)/my child’s image in promotional or informative videos produced by or on behalf of the council
I give my permission for East Northamptonshire Council to publish my name in promotional material
I give permission for East Northamptonshire Council to publish my name alongside my image
Please tick this box to provide consent for us to share your images/ images of your child with Freedom Leisure
Providing your consent will not affect you statutory rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and you can withdraw your consent at any point should you wish. If you request the council to stop using the image(s) in new material, the removal of your image(s) from existing material may not be possible. Contact data protection officer.
Can I opt-out of being photographed?
If you do not wish to be included, please make yourself known to the photographer and/or the event organiser so you can be excluded.
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography (you are here)
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments
- Transfer of personal data to North and West Northamptonshire Unitary Councils
- Northants Warm Homes Partnership
- Test and Trace Support Payments
- Tourism Competition Notice