Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
This Privacy notice relates to Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) collects your personal information to deal with your request and/or deliver our statutory functions. We may also collect your information in order to provide advice and guidance. It is necessary to hold this information so we can log, monitor and update you about a service we are providing to you.
The personal information we collect includes:
- Name and address
- Contact details (email/telephone number)
- Date of birth
- Household details
- Medical Information
- Financial information for grant applications
- Other information supplied by you in the course of us handling your case.
We may also receive your information from other organisations referring you to us for services or for us to carry out our statutory duties. All complaints are taken under a duty of confidence.
We will not collect any personal data from you (or third parties providing your data) that we do not need.
What allows us to process your data?
The council carries out its Environmental Health and Protection functions under legislation and as part of our statutory duty. Please see Appendix 1 for legislation we operate under which makes it necessary to process your personal data. Where we collect special categories data from you, such as health information it will be processed as necessary for reasons of substantial public interest.
How we keep your information safe.
The council takes data security seriously. The information you provide will be held securely as part of your case records in our environmental services management system. Access is only provided to authorised staff.
Who do we share your data with?
We will only share information with other organisations where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under Data Protection legislation.
For example we may share information with: The Police Authority; Health and Safety Executive; neighbouring Local Authorities; Fire and Rescue Service; the Coroner’s Office; Environment Agency; HMRC, Immigration Service; Public Health England; Home Office; Central Licensing Unit; Social Housing Providers; Central Traveller Unit; DEFRA; Northamptonshire County Council; Drinking Water Inspectorate; Food Standards Agency; DVLA; DVSA and Trading Standards.
We do not share your information with the subject of your complaint without your consent and only when it is crucial to the case. If you agree to provide a statement or attend court, it is likely that your information and/or identity will be made available to the subject of the complaint, unless your anonymity can be agreed as part of the legal process, though this is only in exceptional circumstances.
Where we do not directly provide the service, we may need to pass your personal information onto the organisation that does. We will only pass your details on to meet your request and will either inform you we have done this or ask the receiving organisation to let you know how they got your data.
Where we share your data with contractors or partners we ensure that they are clear on what they can use your data for (the services we work with them to provide or that they provide rather than us). Any sharing needs to be authorised by us or you and will only be authorised by us if it’s necessary. We ensure they have appropriate systems in place to keep your data safe and secure while they are using it and that they know what to do with the data when they don’t need it anymore.
No other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy statement will be kept after all action on your case has finished and the period required by the Council for legal or audit purposes has passed and in any event in line with our Information Retention Schedule. All information will be held securely and will be securely destroyed when it is no longer required.
Your Data Rights and Our Privacy Statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice (you are here)
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant
- ICT Services Wifi Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Services GIS Mapping Service Privacy Notice
- ICT Service Desk - Staff and Councillors
- Electoral Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Services Privacy Notice
- Customer Servives - My Account
- Planning Services Privacy Notice
- Community Safety, Safeguarding and the Conducting of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Covid 19 Privacy Notice
- Corporate Support Privacy Notice
- Chief Executive's Office Privacy Notice
- Customer Appointments