Recruitment Privacy Notice
We recognise that privacy is important. We have developed this Privacy Notice to inform you of how we will use the information you submit through this recruitment webpage, or in any other way as part of a job application or job search process.
What information we need from you and why?
This Privacy Notice applies to all personal data provided by you in your job application, any subsequent information supplied by you in connection with your application and any information obtained from third parties such as prior employers, the Criminal Records Bureau and other sources.
- Name, address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information;
- CV, cover letter, previous work experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide for our consideration;
- Type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- How you heard about the position;
- Sensitive information (race/ethnic origin) if you choose to submit it as part of the application process, and;
- Names and contact information for referees.
It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to us.
How will we use your data?
The application information you submit is used for the following purposes:
- To assess your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- To verify your information and conduct reference checks;
- To conduct security and background checks if you are offered a job;
- To communicate with you and inform you of career opportunities;
- To create and submit reports as required by law or regulation;
- To improve our recruitment process; and
- Legal defence as necessary.
If you accept employment with the Council, the information collected will become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes. Anonymised personal data will also be used by the Council for the purposes of monitoring equality of opportunity.
You can choose what types of information, if any, to submit. Submitting your application information is voluntary. By submitting your data, you, the data subject, has given consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specific purpose.
However, if you choose not to submit your application information, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time – if you exercise this right your application will be withdrawn from our recruitment and selection process.
We will ask for your consent before we obtain additional information from third party agencies, and will, where required by law, notify you of the information received from those third parties.
Who has access to your data?
Only relevant employees of the Human Resource Shared Service (Corby Borough Council, Borough Council of Wellingborough and East Northamptonshire Council) and relevant recruiting managers will have access to your data for the purposes listed above. Where third parties are involved in the recruitment process they will be bound by terms of confidentiality and this Privacy Notice.
How long do we keep your records?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. Unsuccessful application data will be held for a period of 6 months in order that you can access and reuse data in future applications and we can respond to statutory report requests or other legitimate purposes of the council.
Successful applicant data will become part of an employment record and will be used for employment purposes.
For further information:
For details regarding your rights under Data Protection law or how to make a complaint if you think we have mishandled your personal information, please visit
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice (you are here)
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice
- Filming and Photography
- Housing Needs
- Comms - Press Contacts Privacy Notice
- Destination Nene Valley
- Facebook Privacy Notice
- Twitter Privacy Notice
- Councillors Privacy Notice
- Finance Privacy Notice
- Monitoring Officer - Code of Conduct Complaints and Register of Interests
- The Data Protection Officer
- Land Charges Privacy Notice
- Disabled Facilities Grant