East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
Your personal information – what we need and why
East Northamptonshire Council (the data controller) collects personal information from you in order to deal with your subscription and to keep you updated in any changes to the service we are contracted to provide to you or its terms and conditions. Collecting your data will also ensure we are able to provide the service you have asked us for.
The data we collect includes your name, address, email, telephone number and any other information on the form. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need.
The information you provide will be held as part of your account in our customer relationship management system. It is necessary to hold this information to allow us to deliver the services you request, monitor service provision and improve where we need to.
Who does the council share your data with?
We will share your personal information internally with our waste management team, with our waste contractors to deal with your enquiry and our payment processor. We will always keep your personal information safe and no other third parties have access to your information unless the law expressly allows them to.
How long does the council keep your data?
The council will keep your personal information (name, address, contact details) for 1 year from the time that the subscription is ended and the container has been returned to the Council, after which time it will be securely destroyed.
Your data rights and our privacy statement
- Service Specific Privacy Notices
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plans
- Council Tax and Housing Benefit
- Economic and Commercial Development Contact Database
- Houses in Multiple Occupation(HMO) Application
- National Taxi Database (NR3)
- Central Licensing Administration Unit
- Building Control
- Employee Privacy notice
- Safety and Resilience
- Garden Waste (you are here)
- External Funding
- Housing Allocation and Homelessness
- Business Rates
- Recruitment Privacy Notice
- Environmental Protection, Health Protection and Private Sector Housing Privacy Notice