Why do we collect information about you?
We collect and hold a wide variety of personal information which we use to:
- deliver public services and confirm your identity to help us deliver some of those services;
- contact you by phone, text, post or email;
- understand your needs so we can provide the services you request;
- understand what we can do for you, and with your consent, inform you of other services which may be relevant (this activity may include the use of profiling and automated decision making);
- obtain your opinion about our services and our development plans;
- maintain an accurate customer record for you;
- help us to understand our performance and ensure we are delivering services well and to meet the needs of our customers;
- prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public funds; and
- undertake statutory functions effectively and efficiently.
When you contact us to help with your needs we will provide you with a service specific privacy notice. If you would like to view them now, please click on one of the links below:
- Environmental health, health protection, waste and recycling and health and safety
- Planning, development control, conservation and building control
- Human resources and organisational development
- Information Technology
- Customer services, community development and community safety
- Council tax, business rates and benefits services
- Housing support and grants
- Councillors, council meetings and elections
- How we use your personal information
- Why do we collect information about you? (you are here)
- What information do we collect and hold about you?
- Who do we share your information with, why and how?
- How we will keep your information accurate and up to date
- Prevention and detection of crime and fraud
- How we will keep your information safe
- Your privacy at the heart of everything we do
- How we store your information
- How long we will keep your information
- Keeping you in control – understanding your rights around your personal information
- Who to contact
- Service Specific Privacy Notice