We collect, hold and use data about people and organisations we work with to help us deliver services and support you. This may include members of the public, current, past and prospective employees, clients, customers, contractors, partners and suppliers. We may also be required to collect and use personal data to comply with our statutory obligations.
The Data Protection Act defines our duty in collecting and managing this data.
You may decide you would like to see the personal data we hold about you. This is called a subject access request. Data protection legislation allows us one calendar month to respond to a subject access request and where possible we will provide the information to you digitally, unless you ask for it in another format.
Subject requests and coronavirus
We are currently facing unprecedented challenges during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. During this time we need to divert our resources to allows us to prioritise other areas and adapt our usual approach during this extraordinary period. Due to this you may notice some delays when making information rights requests during the pandemic. More information on data protection and Coronavirus can be found on the ICO's website.
What do we need from you:
Include as much information as possible to help us find all of the information you need quickly:
- Try to be specific; is it information about complaints, your benefits records, or other services you want to see? If you ask for all information, this could include calls you have made to us about missed bins, for example, and, while we are happy to provide this, it may not be what you need.
- Provide a date range (is the information you want from the last year, five years or between specific points in time?)
- Try to include any relevant previous names.
To submit your request:
- Email our Data Protection Officer at DP@east-northamptonshire.gov.uk with your request.
- You can submit your request in writing if you prefer to:
Data Protection Officer
East Northamptonshire Council
Please mark your letter as 'Private and Confidential' and include all the information requested above.
You can also make your request by phone Tel: 01832 742 229
- Please note any subject access requests received via social media will required verification of ID before we can begin processing
Third party data:
Under the Data Protection Act, a Subject Access Request will only allow us to provide information held about you (the requester) and not about any third party unless you are acting on their behalf and have their express permission to receive this information (you will need to provide us with proof of this before we will carry out the search).