Hate Reduction Service Standards
Northamptonshire Community Safety Partnerships will make certain that victims are at the centre of their response to hate incidents and crime by ensuring that:
- Each complaint will be investigated and taken seriously.
- All information you give us will be treated in confidence and in accordance with data protection legislation.
- Our staff will be trained to give you the correct advice.
- A risk assessment will be completed to help identify vulnerable and repeat victims.
- We will respond to high risk incidents within one working day.
- We will respond to non high risk incidents within 5 day working days.
- You will be informed who the lead organisation will be and be provided with appropriate support. The lead organisation will work with partners and other service providers where necessary.
- You will have a single point of contact (SPOC) within the lead organisation dealing with your hate incident and be provided with their contact details.
- We will ideally resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, through the compliance of an agreed action plan produced with consideration of the full range of actions available.
- We will support you in collecting evidence to enable positive action to be taken. We will regularly review this information and explain what action is to be taken and why.
- We will keep you informed about your case and provide updates within timescales agreed with you.
- We will contact you via telephone, text, e-mail, letter or in person as agreed with you.
- We will monitor your satisfaction with the way we have dealt with your case.
- The lead agency will ask the court for special measures for vulnerable or intimidated victims and witnesses where appropriate.
- We will make a referral to the witness service if appropriate during criminal proceedings.
- Where appropriate, we will keep communities informed of what is happening within their neighbourhood through a range of means including street briefings, newsletters and leaflet distribution.
- We will promote another route if you are not satisfied with the outcome.