Domestic Waste Storage and Collection SPD
The Domestic Waste Storage and Collection Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) (also known as the "Domestic Waste SPD") was adopted by East Northamptonshire Council’s Planning Policy Committee on 23 July 2012.
This sets out guiding design principles for the provision of domestic waste storage facilities within new residential development schemes. It provides a series of design principles for waste storage areas, highways and access arrangements for new housing developments. It also considers alternative solutions, such as community waste projects and vacuum collection systems.
Certain dimensions in the illustration on p29 of the Domestic Waste Storage and Collection Supplementary Planning Document (Adopted 23 July 2012) are incorrect. A corrected version of the relevant illustration is available below.
The Domestic Waste SPD links to a range of policies within the adopted Local Plan for the District. The key relevant documents are:
- North Northamptonshire Sustainable Design SPD
- Northamptonshire Place and Movement Guide
- Developer Contributions SPD
- Supplementary Planning Guidance, Development Briefs and Village Design Statements
- Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Development Briefs
- Village Design Statements
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Shop Front Design SPD
- Biodiversity SPD for Northamptonshire
- Domestic Waste Storage and Collection SPD (you are here)
- Trees and Landscape SPD
- Open Space SPD
- Wind and Solar Energy SPD
- Pilton, Stoke Doyle and Wadenhoe Village Design Statement SPD
- Special Protection Area SPD
- Tree Management - Guidance and Principles