Biodiversity SPD for Northamptonshire
The Biodiversity SPD was endorsed by The Planning Policy committee in February 2016 after amendments to reflect consultation feedback.
It is designed to be used by those considering and applying for planning permission in Northamptonshire. It explains how biodiversity shall be integrated into the development process to ensure that legislation and policy requirements are met and best practice standards are achieved. It offers a standardised approach which all applicants should follow. The SPD builds expands on the main principles set out in the NPPF and relevant Local Plan policies.
This SPD replaces the previously adopted 2010 Biodiversity SPD and all partner Local Authorities will be independently adopted the SPD.
- North Northamptonshire Sustainable Design SPD
- Northamptonshire Place and Movement Guide
- Developer Contributions SPD
- Supplementary Planning Guidance, Development Briefs and Village Design Statements
- Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Development Briefs
- Village Design Statements
- Neighbourhood Plans
- Shop Front Design SPD
- Biodiversity SPD for Northamptonshire (you are here)
- Domestic Waste Storage and Collection SPD
- Trees and Landscape SPD
- Open Space SPD
- Wind and Solar Energy SPD
- Pilton, Stoke Doyle and Wadenhoe Village Design Statement SPD
- Special Protection Area SPD
- Tree Management - Guidance and Principles
- Residential Annexes SPD