Self Build and Custom Build Register
The Self-Build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015 places a duty on local councils in England to keep and have regard to a register of people who are interested in self-build or custom build projects in their area. This register will help inform the Council of the level of demand for self-build and custom build plots in East Northamptonshire.
What are Self-Build and Custom Build?
The terms "self-build" and "custom build" are used to describe instances where individuals or groups are involved in creating their own home.
Self Build - Projects where individuals or groups directly organise the design and construction of their new homes
Custom Build - Projects where individuals or groups work with a specialist developer to help deliver their new home
Self-Build and Custom Build Register
To express your interest for a custom or self-build plot, please complete the online form below
Registration does not guarantee that a suitable plot will be identified, or become available. At this stage, you are not making any commitment - but by signing up you will help us find out more about the demand for self-build and custom build housing in East Northamptonshire, where people would like their plot to be and the type of housing that they would like to build.
In submitting this form, you are agreeing that we can use the data you provide to understand the demand for custom build and self-build housing.
Personal details included on the register will not be made public, but headline data may be published i.e. overall number of individuals/groups registered, geographical areas of interest, type of housing sought etc.
For further information on the register, please contact the Planning Policy via email: email@example.com
- Local Plan - The Policies
- North Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit
- Core Spatial Strategy
- National Policies, Communities and Local Government Information
- Statement of Community Involvement
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan Part 2
- The Adopted Development Plan - Index of Policies
- Self Build and Custom Build Register (you are here)
- Open Space and Playing Pitch Strategy
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Part 2 Additional Site Allocation
- Local Plan Part 2 Additional Sites Consultation (Rushden), October 2020
- Planning Policy Committee - 27th January 2021 Document Links