Statement of Community Involvement
During 2018/19 the Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) was updated. Following a statutory consultation (2 May – 13 June 2019, inclusive), the updated SCI was adopted by the North Northamptonshire Joint Planning Committee on 25 July 2019, for local development documents (e.g. Local Plan Part 1) prepared by the North Northamptonshire Joint Planning and Delivery Unit (NNJPDU). Following on from this the 2019 update to the SCI was adopted by the Planning Policy Committee on 30 September 2019 (Planning Policy Committee, Item 6), for documents prepared by East Northamptonshire Council (e.g. Local Plan Part 2 or Supplementary Planning Documents), or Town/ Parish Councils (Neighbourhood Plans).
This update to the 2013 SCI was necessary due to a number of changes to planning legislation that have come into force since 2013. Accordingly, a number of key changes to the SCI have been made, including:
- Policies for giving advice or assistance to neighbourhood planning groups in relation to the preparation on neighbourhood plans.
- Policies for involving communities and other interested parties in the preliminary stages of plan making: specifically in their functions under sections 13 (survey) and 15 (Local Development Scheme) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
- Consideration of bank holidays in relation to consultation period lengths.
- The need to produce a Statement of Common Ground as part of the Duty to Cooperate.
- Managing personal data in accordance with 2018 data protection legislation.
The 2019 SCI may be viewed through the link below:
- Local Plan - The Policies
- North Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit
- Core Spatial Strategy
- National Policies, Communities and Local Government Information
- Statement of Community Involvement (you are here)
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan Part 2
- The Adopted Development Plan - Index of Policies
- Self Build and Custom Build Register
- Open Space and Playing Pitch Strategy
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Part 2 Additional Site Allocation