National Policies, Communities and Local Government Information
National planning policies
Together with local development policies in the North Northamptonshire Core Spatial Strategy (adopted June 2008), national planning policies need to be taken into account when preparing or considering development schemes.
On 27th March 2012 the Department of Communities and Local Government (CLG) published the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). This single document sets out the planning policies for England on a variety of topics ranging from housing to town centre development. This document replaces the Planning Policy Statements (PPS) and Planning Policy Guidance (PPG).
The East Midlands Regional Plan has now been revoked although can still be viewed here.
- Local Plan - The Policies
- North Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit
- Core Spatial Strategy
- National Policies, Communities and Local Government Information (you are here)
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Replacement District wide Local Plan Part 2
- The Adopted Development Plan - Index of Policies
- Self Build and Custom Build Register
- Open Space and Playing Pitch Strategy