National Policies, Communities and Local Government Information
National planning policies
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) was first adopted in March 2012. It sought to replace a suite of detailed national policies (Planning Policy Statements and Guidance Notes) with a single, concise statement of national policy.
The NPPF was reviewed and updated from 2016, the updated version having been adopted by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 24 July 2018.
The NPPF is supported by the Planning Practice Guidance. This online guidance, first introduced in March 2014, provides supporting guidance as to how national policies, as set out in the NPPF, should be applied in practice.
The East Midlands Regional Plan has now been revoked although can still be viewed here.
- Local Plan - The Policies
- North Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit
- Core Spatial Strategy
- National Policies, Communities and Local Government Information (you are here)
- Statement of Community Involvement
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan Part 2
- The Adopted Development Plan - Index of Policies
- Self Build and Custom Build Register
- Open Space and Playing Pitch Strategy
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Part 2 Additional Site Allocation
- Local Plan Part 2 Additional Sites Consultation (Rushden), October 2020