Core Spatial Strategy
The Core Strategy is the overall strategic plan for North Northamptonshire, prepared by a Joint Planning Committee made up of elected representatives from Northamptonshire County Council, Corby Borough Council, Kettering Borough Council, East Northamptonshire District Council and the Borough Council of Wellingborough. The committee is supported by a Joint Planning Unit of officers from various councils. It was adopted in June 2008.
The Core Spatial Strategy (CSS) provides the over arching policy framework that will govern development within the North Northamptonshire area. These Policies will be supplemented at a local level with Area Action Plans and Development Plan Documents which should be used in conjunction with CSS Policies.
The CSS is now being reviewed to look at the period to 2026 and beyond. To start the review process, consultation was undertaken on the Scope of the Core Strategy (what it should contain and what issues it should cover). This consultation took place from Monday 16th February and ended on Monday 30th March 2009. Further information about the review of the CSS can be found on the Joint Planning Unit website.
- Local Plan - The Policies
- North Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit
- Core Spatial Strategy (you are here)
- National Policies, Communities and Local Government Information
- Statement of Community Involvement
- East Northamptonshire Local Plan Part 2
- The Adopted Development Plan - Index of Policies
- Self Build and Custom Build Register
- Open Space and Playing Pitch Strategy
- Local Development Scheme
- Local Plan Part 2 Additional Site Allocation
- Local Plan Part 2 Additional Sites Consultation (Rushden), October 2020