How much Housing Benefit will I receive?
This depends on several things - such as the cost and type of accommodation you live in, the number of people that live with you, your income, your age and any single room rent restrictions that may apply.
Who is ineligible for Housing Benefit?
- People who have savings of over £16,000 (except if you are over 60 and receive the guaranteed credit part of the pension credit- you may still qualify)
- People living with a close relative to whom they pay "board" (although second adult rebate may apply). This excludes step brothers/sisters
- Asylum seekers and people from outside the UK who do not qualify for benefits
- Students and people living in residential /nursing homes - there are special rules which apply to these groups
- What is Housing Benefit?
- How to make your Housing Benefit claim
- How much Housing Benefit will I receive? (you are here)
- How Housing Benefit is calculated
- Housing Benefit appeals
- Changes in circumstances affecting your Housing Benefit
- Backdating your Housing Benefit
- Overpaid Housing Benefit
- Benefit Payments
- Discretionary Housing Payments
- Can benefit be paid on two homes?
- Extended Payments
- Non dependent deductions
- Broad Market Rental Areas