Cookie Consent by Extended Payments | Housing Benefit | North Northamptonshire Council - East Northamptonshire Area

Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Housing Benefit

Extended Payments

If your entitlement to Housing Benefit ends because you start work or increase your hours or pay, you may be entitled to an extended payment of benefit for four weeks after your benefit stops. If you qualify, you will receive the same amount of Housing Benefit as you did before you started work or changed hours.

  • You qualify for an extended payment if:
  • You or your partner started work or self employment OR
  • You or your partner increased your hours of work or wages AND
  • You or your partner have been entitled, continuously, for 26 weeks, Income Support, JSA (income based), Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related) or Severe Disablement Allowance AND
  • You or your partner remain liable for rent at the same or new address AND
  • You notify the authority or DWP office within 4 weeks of the day the new job, new hours or new rate of pay begin